Jul 30, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #8

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's Top Ten is...Top Ten Favorite Beginnings/Endings In Books!! I am so excited. I think I'll do both favorite beginnings and endings, but most of them will be endings. Endings are what really tell me whether the book is good or not. How the book is executed is crucial for me. It basically decides whether I read the next book or not.

Stolen: A Letter to My Captor10. Stolen by Lucy Christopher. [Ending] I read this book about three years ago and the ending still has me yearning for a sequel. It is still undecided whether Ms. Christopher will be writing one or not.







The Host (The Host, #1)9. The Host by Stephenie Meyer. [Ending] She's finally writing a sequel!! The ending of this book is so amazing. I absolutely adored it. It is a cliffhanger that doesn't have to have a sequel.








Heaven (Halo, #3)8. Heaven by Alexandra Adornetto. [Ending] The ending of this book is very bittersweet. We finally get to see a happy ending between these two characters yet will are sad that we will never get to read more about them.







Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3)7. Entwined With You by Sylvia Day. [Beginning] The beginning of this book is a bit unpredictable from where we left off in the last book. We end up getting an amazing beginning that we absolutely love!

To see my review click here.





While It Lasts (Sea Breeze, #3)6. While It Lasts by Abbi Glines. [Both] This book starts off in such a way that you are instantly hooked. The whole book is amazing , but when you reach the end you will be grinning like an idiot. This is my favorite book by Abbi Glines!!







The Elite (The Selection, #2)5. The Elite by Kiera Cass. [Ending] The ending left me grinning like a fool and jumping up and down in my seat and screaming "MAXON!!" No joke, my mom thought I was going crazy. 

To see my review click here.






Arouse (Spiral of Bliss, #1)4. Arouse by Nina Lane. [Beginning] The only reason I really liked this beginning is because it immediately indicates the the two are married. I've never read a book where the two are married at the beginning of the series. It was nice :)







Dance of Shadows (Dance of Shadows, #1)3. Dance of Shadows by Yelena Black. [Ending] The ending beginning totally changes this book. It turns it from a contemporary novel to a paranormal novel. Amazing!!

To see my review click here.






City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5)2. City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare. [Ending] Do I have to explain? The ending really hit me when I realized that I had to wait two years to read City of Heavenly Fire. I was debating whether to burn the book, fortunately I thought better of it.



Opal (Lux, #3)



1. Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout. [Ending] I honestly should not have to explain this ending. This ending tore me apart, shredded me, and just stomped over what was left of me. It brought sobs and tears. So beautiful yet I wanted to throttle Ms. Armentrout for making me wait a year to read the next book. It's a good thing I love her so much and she doesn't live close to me. ^_^

To see my review click here.




What are some of your favorite beginnings/endings?

2 comments:

  1. Nice list, I have read a few of them. My favorite ending would have to be Clockwork Princess. Here's my TTT
    http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/2013/07/top-ten-tuesday-8-best-beginnings.html

    ReplyDelete