May 3, 2013

Review: Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Opal (Lux, #3)Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Number of Pages: 382

Here's the synopsis:
"No one is like Daemon Black.
When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well… There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.
After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different… And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.
Together we’re stronger… and they know it"

***I'm going to say this once! If you have not read this series, I don't recommend reading this review. It will contain spoilers for the series.*** 

I have been waiting for this book for such a long time and I really, really loved it. it lived up to my expectations. The second book wasn't all that great for me(sadly) but this book definitely made it a lot better. :)

This book made me mad, laugh, and made me want to hurt myself(I didn't). The laughing was definitely caused by Daemon, because..well, he makes everyone laugh with his wit. The mad was caused by Daemon but also because of a lot of other people.

Dawson...through the whole book I wanted to defenestrate you (throw him out a window). Not because I didn't like him or anything, when he came back he caused so many hardships and problems. It was constant turmoil. Then he wanted to go back to being in danger and it nearly killed his family the first time to lose him, they couldn't handle it again. He was so selfish there. Otherwise, I liked Dawson.

Now Daemon's and Dawson's sister, Dee, I loved in the first book. She was one of my favorite characters coming to a close call with Daemon (but we all know that no one can beat Daemon). She really irritated me in this book. She blamed Katy for a death when in my point of view Katy did good. Not by having the person dead, but there was some sunshine in that dark sky.

The ending was probably the best and worst cliffhanger ever. I'm not kidding, it was cruel and I really did not enjoy it. Yet, at the same time I freaking loved it. That cliffhanger was the best cliffhanger I have ever seen written. It is the king/queen of all cliffhangers. I think I was the closest to crying than I ever have been. Yet, I was furious. I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVE TO WAIT A YEAR TO READ THE NEXT BOOK AFTER THAT ENDING! THAT IS JUST CRUEL!!!

So I really, really, really enjoyed this book and I HIGHLY recommend it.

Little Bookworm :)

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment