Jul 4, 2013

Review: Rush by Eve Silver

Rush (The Game, #1)
Author: Eve Silver
Publisher: HarperTeen
Number of Pages: 368

I absolutely loved this book! My hands were glued to the pages once I started reading this. This is a must read for everyone, especially gamers!!

Here's the synopsis:
"So what’s the game now? This, or the life I used to know?
When Miki Jones is pulled from her life, pulled through time and space into some kind of game—her carefully controlled life spirals into chaos. In the game, she and a team of other teens are sent on missions to eliminate the Drau, terrifying and beautiful alien creatures. There are no practice runs, no training, and no way out. Miki has only the guidance of secretive but maddeningly attractive team leader Jackson Tate, who says the game isn’t really a game, that what Miki and her new teammates do now determines their survival, and the survival of every other person on this planet. She laughs. He doesn’t. And then the game takes a deadly and terrifying turn."
This book was amazing, superfantabulous, and just mind blowing!! I really thoroughly enjoyed this book. I loved everything about it. I loved the characters, plot, cover, EVERYTHING!

RUSH is truly a book that will keep the readers flipping through the book waiting for the next time that the characters are pulled. Eve Silver creates an amazing world where readers are pulled into the action, romance, and the thrill of it all.  

My character had to be Jackson Tate...Love him!! Throughout the book I feel as if there was a love triangle between Miki, Jackson, and Luka. At first I was Team Luka, I found that I just wanted to smack Luka, but eventually I fell in love with Jackson myself. He might have been an "asshole" as Miki said but he was so cute when he was flirting with Miki. 
"Why didn't you just give me a light in the first place?" I'm both angry that he didn't and grateful that he's given me one now.
He says softly so only I can hear, "It seemed like a good excuse to keep you close."
Is that just not the most adorable thing ever? Jackson was one those characters that are torn up inside by all the decisions he has to make. We see that throughout the book when he has to decide was is best for himself, Miki, and the rest of their team.

The main character, Miki, I really liked. She's strong, brave, and she really doesn't let anyone put her down. I really like how Eve Silver made her good enough to live in the game at first but yet not good enough to not get hurt. The author made her a real gamer, no one is good at a game until they play for a while and that is just how Miki was. 

The beginning isn't the nicest beginning ever. It does start of sad and while you might not have a connection to the story yet you still feel broken a little from that sadness. This beginning is definitely the hook that makes you hold the book tight.

The ending of Rush will leave the reader stunned, possibly hysterical, and definitely begging for the sequel. This is a must read for everyone, especially gamers. Rush is thrilling read that boys and girls will both fall in love with. Guys will enjoy the actions and gaming terms and references while girls will love to read about the romance and thrill that this book brings.

I highly recommend that everyone pick this book up and read it. If you don't then you won't know what you are missing!

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment