Apr 26, 2013

Review: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

Author: Marissa Meyer
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Number of Pages: 452


Synopsis:
"Cinder returns in the second thrilling installment of the New York Times-bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She’s trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she’ll be the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive. Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn’t know about her grandmother and the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother’s whereabouts, she has no choice but to trust him, though he clearly has a few dark secrets of his own. As Scarlet and Wolf work to unravel one mystery, they find another when they cross paths with Cinder. Together, they must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen who will do anything to make Prince Kai her husband, her king, her prisoner."
Guys, I had to get this book as soon as I got Scarlet in my library. I was the first one to check it out and I love this book! This was amazing. I like this book better than Scarlet and I absolutely can't wait until Cress comes out. That cliffhanger might kill me.

I have to say that I liked this book better than Cinder. I really did like Cinder so I rushed to buy this book, but I really did enjoy this book more than I did Cinder. The reason I enjoyed this book much more? The characters. Hands down the characters were so much more enjoyable for me. The reason? I felt as if I could relate to Scarlet. She's not one of those bad-ass girls except for when her loved ones need her to be. I feel like I am that person. If someone tries to hurt my family or friends, I will take them down.  Then there's Wolf...can we just swoon over him for just a few minutes? Please? *5 gazillion minutes later* Wolf is amazing, he is just so freaking beautiful! He's a total bad-ass (reminds me of Travis Maddox-1 million points to Wolf for that). Yet, at the same time he's shy. He's not very outgoing or very cocky. Of course, we find out why this is later in the book.

I'm not saying that the characters in Cinder weren't amazing, I loved Cinder's nothing-will-stop-me-from-protecting-the -people-I-love attitude and Kai, it's just that Scarlet is just a little more relatable in my opinion. Then Wolf reminds me of Travis Maddox from Beautiful Disaster so...he goes up on that chart of best male characters ever written.


I like that there was an equal amount of Scarlet and Cinder chapters. I liked reading both their chapters because I didn't want to miss out on any Kai and Cinder potential happenings. I was really mad that none of that happened. WHY KAI?!?!?


That ending was the most brilliant ending ever! Marissa Meyer wherever you learned to write like this, I must know. That made me want Cress so bad, it's not even funny. I think I might die just waiting for Cress. Scarlet just had the most beautiful cliffhanger, I can't even say that I hate it. So I worship you so much, especially because of that ending.


This book is full of energy, and it makes you hold on to the book so much harder.You end up wanting to read slower so the ending won't come as fast. This is definitely a riveting read that pulls you in and never lets go, I was hooked from the first page!


Guys, if you haven't read Cinder yet, what are you doing? Go read it. Then buy this one and read it, because it is a must read. Marissa Meyer has become one of my favorite authors for a reason! This is HIGHLY recommended!!!


Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed this one, great review :) I've been a bit hesitant to read Cinder because my expectations are so high and it doesn't really seem like my sort of thing. But considering your recommendations I think I will have to join my read along group in reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You have to read Cinder, it is just so amazing!! Definitely join the read along!

      Delete