Apr 1, 2013

Review: Gio by Elizabeth Reyes

Gio (5th Street, #2)Author: Elizabeth Reyes
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

Okay, let me just say something. I honestly did not enjoy this book as much as Noah or The Moreno Brothers series. The issue in this book really shot it for me.

Here's the synopsis:
"When tragedy strikes in the ring, Giovanni Bravo falls into a deep depression, walking away from his dream of boxing to train instead. He agrees to a two month get-away, helping train Felix Sanchez, his high school best friend and now welterweight champ of the world. Once at Felix’s lavish boxing complex, he’s reunited with Bianca Rubio, someone he remembers only as the girl with the innocent doe eyes back in high school. Her refreshing, cheerful demeanor not only takes Gio’s mind off his troubled conscience, he finds himself falling for her fast and hard. The problem—Bianca is Felix’s girlfriend.
Having a sexy, famous boyfriend has its perks, but they come with a price. Bianca not only has to deal with the ongoing tabloid rumors about her boyfriend hooking with other women, but also his constant absence when he is on the road. So now that Felix will be in town for two whole months to train for his next big bout, Bianca is thrilled. He’s even asked her to move into his cabin while he's there. But when he leaves for days at a time to promote his fight, Bianca spends time getting to know Felix’s gorgeous new trainer and good friend, Gio. Increasingly drawn to his sweet smile and smoldering green eyes, she finds herself saying and doing things she normally wouldn’t.
As it becomes more and more difficult for each to resist the other, Gio crosses the line between them. He hopes that one kiss will alleviate the overwhelming temptation and clear both their systems, but it does just the opposite. Their temptation suddenly becomes an obsession--an obsession that quickly forces Gio to realize this is more than just lust. He's fallen hard and to his delight so has she. Now he's forced to make the hardest decision of his life. Risk losing his long time friend or walk away from the only girl he's ever loved. "
Woah! How's that for a long synopsis? Yeah, it is pretty long. There a couple of things that really just shot about this book when I read it. I was really excited when I finished Noah and I went to go pick up Gio. Then I read the synopsis and I hesitated  I HESITATED ! I do not hesitate when I read books by Elizabeth Reyes. I squeal and run around in circles because I'm so excited because I get to read another book. 

I am really sorry Ms. Reyes but I am strongly against cheating. If it does happen then you should break up with your break-up with your boyfriend immediately. There is no reason for breaking someone's heart who cares for you a lot. Then those same people are begging for forgiveness. I HATE those people. They obviously have no respect for that person. If you guys don't agree with this then you are entitled to your own opinions and I am entitled to mine.

I feel as if that is the reason I really didn't enjoy this book as much I would have. I was just really disappointed with Gio for this very reason. I wish he demanded that Bianca choose one of them, instead he chose to hurt his friend. I never thought that I would be reading one of these characters to be the ones to do that.

Otherwise, this book was enjoyable. The love story ended well. I loved the little dilemma with Gio. It calmed me that Bianca had really chose who she wanted. I really felt bad for Felix though. He had just lost one of his best friends. I feel as if he doesn't know whether he should be friends with Gio's brother or friends. Who knows if he can trust him? Felix would have felt really alone by the end of the book. 

I really, really loved Noah and this book just didn't "wow" me. I'm hoping that Hector will be better. I'm pretty sure it will!

Little Bookworm

1 comment:

  1. I did not like this book. The moment Brianca started having feelings for Gio, she should have broken up with Felix. In all,I think Felix should not be friends with Gio cause this is a pretty big betrayal.

    ReplyDelete