Aug 16, 2013

Review: One Night That Changes Everything by Lauren Barnholdt

One Night That Changes EverythingAuthor: Lauren Barnholdt
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Number of Pages: 242

Here's the synopsis:

"Eliza is in a full-blown panic. Her notebook has been stolen—the one that lists everything she wants but is afraid to go after. And the absolute worst person in the world has it: her ex-boyfriend, Cooper.
Like it’s not enough Cooper was lying to Eliza for their entire relationship, now he and his friends are blackmailing her. They’re giving her just one night to complete the most humiliating tasks on her list or they’ll post her secrets online—including the ones that aren’t just about her.
Eliza’s sure of only one thing: she isn’t going down without a fight. Cooper may have what’s left of her dignity, but she’s not the only one with something to hide …"

Funny, light, and just plain fun to read One Night That Changes Everything is a read for anyone out there.

I love Lauren Barnholdt, she is definitely one of my go to authors when it comes to reading something laid back. When you want to read something fast or something with not much thought to it I go to Lauren Barnholdt. Her books are always funny and this one was too.

The characters in this book, we don't get to know a LOT about them. This is a standalone and the whole book takes place in one night, about 24 hours. I still really enjoyed this book.  

Eliza's this girl who is kind of shy until she gets to know the person (like me) and she also keeps a notebook about everything that she is afraid to do and wants to someday accomplish. When it gets stolen she full out panicking on the inside yet seems somewhat cool and collected-unlike me who would be screaming the place down. I really liked her character. She has sass (sass comes in handy), wit (wit helps makes friends), and she's pretty (it attracts other pretty people, hopefully from the other gender). 

Cooper is Eliza's ex-boyfriend who is allegedly ruining Eliza's life by stealing her notebook and making her do stuff out of it. Of course we are supposed to hate him, yet at the same time like him...WHY DO AUTHORS MAKE US CHOOSE?!?!?! Either way, he was cute so that gets him some points in my book.
"Wait a minute,” I say. “Did you just say ‘BFF’?”“Yes,” he says. He looks at me and shrugs. “I’ve been watching a lot of Disney Channel.” 
This book is definitely funny, I found myself laughing a few times as I always do when I read her books. This book is definitely a bit more girly but boys will still enjoy it, so boys pick it up!

When I finished this book I was hoping there would be a sequel or even a small novella that I could read but no. I would really like to see where Cooper and Eliza's lives go but I guess imagination is what authors want you to use at the end of their standalones...we are the readers we shouldn't be doing any work! 

I totally recommend this book if you are looking for a light, relaxing read that doesn't use up much thought. I must say that this is my favorite out of all of Lauren Barnholdt's books. I just really enjoyed the concept in this book, it reminds me of The Best Night of Your (Pathetic) Life, which I loved!

I am only giving it 3 stars because it didn't have much substance and if I wasn't in the mood for something light I would have been annoyed with it, but overall I don't regret reading this!

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment