Dec 8, 2012

Review: Rock and a Hard Place by Angie Stanton

Rock and a Hard Place (The Jamieson Collection, #1)Author: Angie Stanton
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Here's the synopsis:
"One day while watching the Interstate exit for her dad’s long awaited return, Libby’s life is rocked when Peter Jamieson steps off his tour bus and into her life. After a couple chance meetings with Peter, Libby breaks away from her rule abiding behavior and her life changes course.

Peter longs for normalcy away from the screaming fans who know nothing about the real him. He is amazed to discover Libby has never heard of him or his band. Soon their friendship turns to love. While Peter battles his family's growing interference so he can spend time with Libby, she struggles with her eccentric aunt who turns more bizarre each day.

Their lives are torn apart when Peter's family intrudes and Libby disappears. Peter’s desperate search for her comes up empty. Can they find their way back to each other while the world plots against them?"

OK I already had a review for this book, but honestly it just wasn't good enough for this book.

Here's the old review:
This book was awesome!!!! I rarely give books 5 stars but this was definitely deserving. I could not put the book down! I was reading this straight until my mom made me put the book down so I could get some sleep.

Really?! Is that all I had to say, because if I remember correctly I was raving about this book to my sister and friends. This book was one of the best book ever written. It was so good. I don't really like giving books a rating of a 5, because no book is perfect but this book was perfect. There were no boring parts at all. I was constantly reading this book at all times. If my mom made me put it down to eat or sleep (yes, I didn't even stop to eat or sleep...my favorite pastimes) then I was only thinking about that. It was kind of freaky how into it I was. I even dreamed about it. Yup, definitely creepy.

Peter was such a sweet character. He was the perfect boyfriend. Kind, caring, funny, good-looking, and he's a rock star! What more can a girl ask for, right? I wanted him to just appear in front of me. Even after 2 months I still want him to appear in front of me. I loved how he pulled so much just to find Libby. How many boyfriends would do so much to find their girlfriend?

Libby, the troubled girl, she was so adorable! Libby was so strong to go through with all her aunt's crap. I probably would have socked her in the face a couple of times. I would have never been able to hold back as much as she did. I do respect Libby for going through all that and not giving up hope.

Angie Stanton created an amazing book that I will not be forgetting anytime soon. I just read the sequel and it wasn't as good as this book but it was good. I hope Angie writes a sequel with Garrett as the main character. He needs a girlfriend to help loosen him up. He is too stressed with all the band drama and work around him. I salute you Angie Stanton! You are one of my favorite authors! <3

2 comments:

  1. Hi Little Bookworm,

    I just saw this review. Wowza! That was so awesome and made me feel all special and want to hug someone. I'm so glad this book spoke to you. Thanks for brightening my day/night. :)

    Hugs from afar,

    Angie Stanton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. My. God. You can't believe how happy I am that you saw this. I am actually waiting til I can get the physical copies to re-read and then write better reviews. This review do not do the book justice.

      Delete