Jan 28, 2016

Discussion Post: Not Finishing Books

Okay, so I've been having this problem a lot lately. It's gotten a little better in the past month, but there is one book that I just cannot get through. And that book is Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare..... Please don't hurt me.


It's just that the characters are kind of really annoying, and I'm bored. Everyone had hyped it up to be so great, and it just didn't live up to the Mortal Instruments series. I got almost 250 pages in, and now it's 5 months later. 

And, honestly I still have it on my Goodreads currently-reading shelf even though I haven't picked it up in almost two months. Why is that? Well, for me, it's the fact that I want to eventually finish the book, so by keeping it on my shelf I can push myself to read it. But, that's just going to make me read it begrudgingly and not enjoy it at all.

We definitely should not feel bad about not finishing books. Because if you aren't enjoying a book then put it down because not every book, not matter how popular it is, is going to be a winner. So, don't feel bad about putting it down. Instead, pick up another book and hope that it is going to be your next favorite book.

Or, if you are just not feeling the book while you're reading it maybe try to pick it up again later. I have picked up that I DNFed multiple times, and I actually really enjoyed them. So, if you ever feel like picking a book back up again, I would definitely suggest it. And, if you still don't like it don't worry about it. Who cares?


No comments:

Post a Comment