May 14, 2015

Discussion Post: Why I Won't Answer Review Requests on Facebook

Now I don't know about any of the rest of the book bloggers out there but I get A LOT of requests for book spotlights and reviews.

I love. I love it when these authors and publishers expose me to all these new books. Sometimes I'll take these offers and sometimes I don't. 

But I hate it when authors ask me for requests via Facebook.

Why?

First off, because I'm not really a Facebook user. I most likely won't get someone's message for weeks.

facebook animated GIF

Second, I find it a bit unprofessional. I know there are some people who might disagree with me but that is how I feel. I really only answer messages on Facebook that are from friends or authors and publishers I have previously worked with. If you can't even give the time to shoot me an email then I definitely won't be giving your book any time.

Third, most of the books that I get requests for on Facebook are erotica. My answer to erotica novels will be no, to most adult book requests as well. I do read a lot of New Adult but if I read an Adult novel it will be because I found it on my own. 

no animated GIF

So authors, assistants, and publishers please do the both of us the favor and just shoot me an email. I check my email every single day. Multiple times. I will definitely get it. It might take me a couple of days to reply but I will answer you eventually. 


How do you guys feel about book requests via Facebook? Do you feel that I'm over reacting?

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you - it's unprofessional. I also expect people who send me review requests to read my review policy, which specifies that I only take requests via e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm glad I'm not alone and just being snarky. Although, I still am getting many requests >_<

      Delete