Sep 24, 2015

TV Review: Scream Queens (Episode 1)


To be honest I wasn't planning on watching this. Agents of SHIELD is on Tuesdays so I wouldn't have time to watch this. However, I was flipping through the channels trying to find something to watch since I had Wednesday off for Yom Kippur and could stay up later and I came across this.

I started the show right in the middle of the character introductions and kept watching until the last 30 minutes of the show.

I have mixed feelings for the show. I didn't find that it was comedy and it wasn't horror. It seems like a mix--and a confusing mix. The two genres seemed very separated from each other and the comedy wasn't all that funny. I was more intrigued by the horror than anything. It isn't something that is really scary to watch. It is light horror with really bad stabbings and killings. Like something that is supposed to be funny but its really not. With that it would definitely be something I would watch if it were ever on Netflix (I am not letting go of SHIELD...EVER!) I did stop watching the show with only 30 minutes left of it because I got sick of the commercials so I didn't watch the ending.


I didn't really like one thing about the show--one was a scene that reminded me of the Nicole Arbour video that had recently become very infamous. I realize that this episode would have been filmed before that video came out and it didn't quite get to that level. I'm not even slightly overweight or anything and even I found that some people could be offended and turned off by it. Unfortunately, it isn't something that you wouldn't find in a comedy movie. 

I did love seeing all these different faces in the show--many of who haven't been seen on TV in a long time. I loved seeing Nick Jones, Ariana Grande, and Diego Boneta. Diego was my favorite on the show!

Overall, I found that I would watch the show if it didn't conflict with Agents of SHIELD and if commercials didn't exist. Hopefully it will be on Netflix shortly after the season ends. Harleen also enjoyed the show but thought that it would quickly become a disappointment. I can definitely see where she is coming from. With the comedy and horror mix they have going on they will have to be careful. 

Fans of Pretty Little Liars would enjoy this as long as they don't mind the comedy in it. 

I give the show a 7 out of 10. 


No comments:

Post a Comment